Aloo capsicum recipe is easy-to-make, light yet tastes delicious. It is prepared with capsicum, potato, tomato, and a blend of a few common Indian spices. A perfect regular side dish that can be made within 30 minutes.
To make this aloo capsicum recipe, besides capsicum, potato, and tomato you need a few common Indian spices. It is a dry sabzi. Since no extra water has been used in this. To get the best taste, it is important to make sure the capsicum should not be cooked too much.
I make this dry aloo capsicum sabzi very often. Just wondering why it took me so long to post this. I used to saute the onions and potatoes simultaneously in this. However, the potatoes can be fried separately. But this step makes the cooking process easier and adds a beautiful taste to the potatoes. Adjust the spices as per your tastebuds.
Serve this recipe as a side dish to roti or paratha or with steamed rice and dal.
You may also like these
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Aloo Capsicum Recipe | Dry Aloo Capsicum
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 2 potatoes peeled, washed and cut into cubes
- 2 capsicum washed and cut into cubes
- 1 finely chopped onion large size
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 chopped tomato large size
- 1 slit green chili
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves fresh
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds start to splutter add bay leaf and finely chopped onion and potato cubes.
- Saute for 2 minutes continuously over medium flame. Then cover and cook for 2 minutes more or until onion turns golden. Saute in between.
- Once done add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and ginger-garlic paste. Again saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, green chili, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and kasuri methi. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add capsicum. Stir to mix. Cover and cook until the potatoes cooked. The capsicum should not be cooked too much.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves Mix well.
- Remove from stove. Aloo capsicum recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot.