Chicken curry with potato is a regular Indian chicken curry. Generally, it is served with piping hot rice or roti. Though there are many versions of this recipe found. But this version will give you a slightly soupy chicken curry. Which tastes absolutely delicious. We in Odisha call this our Sunday special chicken curry. I make this very often. So thought to share with my readers.
This chicken curry with potato is perfect in winter season too. The soupy gravy is so relaxing and refreshing. Even I love this while cold and flu.
Let me know your thoughts about this chicken curry with potato recipe in the comment section. Also, you can connect with me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
You may also like these
- 500 grams of chicken with bone
- 5-6 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 potatoes cut into 4 cubes (medium size)
- 1 grated onion (big size)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 grated tomato(medium size)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch of garam masala powder
Make a paste
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (approx. 1-2 inch)
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot add potato cubes. Fry them over medium flame until they become slightly golden. Once done remove from heat.
- In the same oil add bay leaf and grated onion. Saute over medium flame until golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powder. Stir well.
- Then add masala paste. Saute until the masala leaves oil.
- Add grated tomatoes and salt. Fry until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add kasuri methi. Fry for some seconds.
- Sprinkle some (1-2 tablespoons) water and saute until the oil separates.
- Then add chicken and stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fried potato cubes and the hot water. Stir well. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked.
- Once done add a pinch of garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Cover the lid and switch off the flame. leave it for 10 minutes.
- Chicken curry with potato is ready to serve.