Chicken Lollipop recipe is an immensely popular Indo Chinese appetizer of fried chicken wings coated with some spices and sauces. In which the meat is cut loose and pulled down to the end of the thick bone to create a handle and to make a lollipop appearance. These crunchy, slightly hot lollipops are so delicious… Just serve them with some and they really are the crowd pleasers.
- 8 pieces of chicken lollipops
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger-garlic
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons refined flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger-garlic
- 1 teaspoon schezwan sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Finely chopped coriander leaves or chopped spring onions
- Marinate the chicken with grated ginger-garlic, egg, soy sauce, vinegar, kashmiri red chili powder, crushed black pepper, and salt. Mix well. Then let it rest for 1 hour.
- In the meantime make a batter by mixing together refined flour, corn flour, kashmiri red chili powder, and salt. Add water. Mix really well to make it free of any lumps. Then leave it aside. The batter should be of medium consistency, not very thick or thin.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Once the oil is hot enough, coat nicely one by one chicken pieces in the batter and drop in the hot oil. Then reduce the flame to medium. Deep fry until they become crisp and golden brown. Remove them on an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Heat oil in another pan. Once the oil becomes slightly hot, add grated ginger-garlic. Saute for some seconds or until the raw smell goes.
- Add schezwan sauce, soy sauce and tomato sauce followed by fried chicken pieces. Toss them well until they are nicely coated with the seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves or spring onion greens.
- Chicken lollipop recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot with some schezwan sauce.