Coriander rice | Cilantro rice recipe is a simple, mildly spiced, flavorful rice made with fresh coriander leaves, whole spices and some vegetables. It can be served alone just as it is or with raita or any spicy curry of your choice. It can also be packed in the lunchbox too.
This coriander rice is easy and can be made without much hassle. Chopping of the vegetables just takes some time. Other than that, it gets done quickly, provided you have cooked the rice in advance.
More rice recipes:
I always love adding fresh herbs in my cooking. They are not only nutritious but also lend freshness to any dish.
To make this coriander rice, along with coriander leaves I have used few mint leaves. In addition to that for vegetables, only carrots and beans are used. Green peas, capsicum, corn, cauliflower also go well with this. Feel free to add veggies of your choice. However, it tastes good without adding any veggies too.
Coriander Rice | Cilantro Rice Recipe
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ½ cup chopped carrot and beans
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 green chili
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 ginger 1 inch long
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Preparing the rice
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes. Then drain water and set aside.
- Heat sufficient water by adding salt and oil.
- Once water starts to boil add rice and cook until rice 90% done.
- Strain water from rice. Then pour the rice on a plate to completely cools down.
Making coriander rice
- Grind together all the ingredients written under grinding and make a paste. Set aside
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add bay leaf, cumin seeds, star anise, cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon, and cashews together. Stir until you get a nice aroma.
- Add chopped onion. Saute until the onion turns slightly golden.
- Add the chopped carrots, and beans. Saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt and stir to mix. Cover the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once done, add the paste and saute until the masala dries out.
- Add rice and a pinch of salt. Gently stir the rice to mix. Sprinkle a tablespoon water. Then cover and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and gently mix. Then remove from flame and serve hot.
Let me know your thoughts about this cilantro rice recipe in the comment section. Also, you can connect with me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Leave a Reply