Seviyan Kheer Recipe is the easiest version of kheer often cooked in Indian homes. It is often called as Semiyan khir or Vermicelli kheer, Semiyan payasam Wherein seviyan/vermicelli is boiled with milk by adding some sugar and flavored with cardamom.
A delectable dessert recipe can be prepared within minutes with minimal ingredients. You just need some vermicelli and the rest of the ingredients are easily available in any kitchen. Here I have used a thick variety of vermicelli in this seviyan kheer recipe. You can use whatever is available with you.
Seviyan Kheer Recipe | Vermicelli Kheer | Semiya Payasam
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 litr milk
- 1 cup Seviyan/Vermicelli
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 2 tbsp sliced cashews and almonds
- 9-10 raisins
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water optional
- Few almonds cashews, and raisins for garnishing (optional)
- Heat milk in a pan. Let the milk comes to a boil.
- In the meanwhile heat another pan. Add ghee. Immediately add cashews, almonds, and raisins. Saute over low to medium flame until color changes. Then transfer them to another plate.
- Add vermicelli to the same pan. Saute continuously until it turns light golden brown. If you are using readymade roasted vermicelli. Then you just saute it for 2 minutes over low to medium flame.
- Add the roasted vermicelli to the milk. Add sugar, roasted nuts and raisins, cardamom powder and rose water. Simmer the flame and cook the vermicelli until the milk reduced and the vermicelli cooked. Stir often and meanwhile scrape the sides of the pan.
- When it comes to the desired consistency, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with the roasted nuts and raisins.
- Seviyan kheer recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot or chilled.