Seviyan Kheer Recipe is the easiest version of kheer often cooked in Indian homes. It is also called as Semiyan kheer or Semiyan payasam. A delectable dessert that can be prepared within minutes with minimal ingredients.
Seviyan kheer is regular at my place. In fact, I have grown up eating this kheer.
To make this all you need is some vermicelli and the rest of the ingredients are easily available in any kitchen. I have used a thick variety of vermicelli. You can use whatever is available with you. I always prefer whole milk to make this dish. As whole milk adds a rich, creamy taste to it. However, a lighter version can also be made by skipping ghee and replacing whole milk with low-fat milk. In addition, nut-based or plant-based milk can be used for a dairy-free version.
Serve this on any festival, special occasion, or just an after meal dessert and enjoy the delight.
Few more deserts, you can check
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Seviyan Kheer Recipe | Vermicelli Kheer
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 cup Seviyan/Vermicelli
- 1 liter whole milk
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 2 tbsp sliced cashews and almonds
- 9-10 raisins
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Few almonds, cashews, and raisins for garnishing optional
- Heat milk in a pan. Let the milk comes to a boil.
- In the meanwhile heat another pan. Add ghee. Immediately add cashews, almonds, and raisins. Saute over low to medium flame until color changes. Then transfer them to another plate.
- Add vermicelli to the same pan. Saute continuously until it turns light golden brown. If you are using readymade roasted vermicelli. Then you just saute it for 2 minutes over low to medium flame.
- Add the roasted vermicelli to the milk. Add sugar, roasted nuts and raisins, and cardamom powder. Simmer the flame and cook the vermicelli until the milk reduced and the vermicelli cooked. Stir often and meanwhile scrape the sides of the pan.
- When it comes to the desired consistency, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with the roasted nuts and raisins.
- Seviyan kheer recipe is ready to serve. Serve warm or chilled.