Simple chicken curry for chapathi: A simple yet delicious semi gravy based chicken curry that can be prepared within 35 minutes. It goes perfectly as a side dish with chapathi/chapati, roti or paratha.
This is one of the easiest chicken curries. To prepare this you don't need any fancy ingredients. I used to make this dish whenever I am in a hurry or don’t feel like cooking much but still craving for a spicy, lip-smacking chicken dish. At times it can be a savior if you have sudden guests and you don't have much time.
How to make Simple Chicken Curry for Chapathi
To make this simple chicken curry for chapati, you don't need any whole garam masalas, coconut, cashews, cream or tomatoes. This is just an onion, ginger-garlic and curd based chicken curry flavored with some garam masala powder and Kasuri methi. Even I love a deseeded dry red chili in this. As the chili powder used here is the non-spicy one. If you are making this for children, you can skip this.
Here is how you can make this easy and delicious chicken curry in a few simple steps.
Few more chicken dishes you can check
Let me know your thoughts about this recipe in the comment section. Also, you can connect with me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Simple Chicken Curry for Chapathi | Simple Chicken Curry
- 500 grams chicken with bone
- 3 tablespoon curd
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 finely chopped onion medium size
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 dry red chili deseeded
- ½ cup warm water
- ⅓ teaspoon garam masala powder
- Wash the chicken well and drain out excess water and set aside.
- To the chicken add curd, turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil a pan. Add the finely chopped onions. Saute until onions turn slightly golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add marinated chicken and fry over medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup warm water and dry red chili. Mix well. Cover and cook over low flame until chicken is cooked.
- Once done add garam masala powder and stir to mix. Cover the lid and remove from flame.
- Leave it for 5 minutes. Simple chicken curry for chapathi is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Wow, your recipes look incredible! Here in the UK, it is hard to get Curd at the supermarket. Is there anything I can substitute it with?
Hi Ben, I am not an expert but when I was visiting South India, I could not easily tell if curd was different to yogurt. So I'm going to try yogurt when I use this recipe.