Simple sweet corn chaat recipe: a quick, lip-smacking, nutritious snack, made with boiled sweet corn kernels and a few commonly available spices. It makes a very good evening snack or after school snack.
Chaats are always crowd pleasures. But I prefer to make these at home instead of buying from the street-side stalls.
This appetizing simple sweet corn chaat recipe is light, nutritious, and easy-to-make. It can be made in just 5 minutes if boiled corns are already in hand.
Sweet corns are in season now. Hence, I have used corn on the cob. You can use frozen as well. To enhance the taste sev can be used, but it is totally optional.
You can even boil the corn kernels in advance and keep in the refrigerator. Then combine the other ingredients just before serving.
Adjust chilies as per your tolerance. Omit chili powder and green chili if serving to kids.
It can be eaten as an evening snack or an after-school snack. It can also be served on occasions like get-together or picnic.
Few more healthy chaat recipes, you can try:
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Simple Sweet Corn Chaat Recipe | Sweet Corn Chaat
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 240 ML )
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 3 cup water
- Salt as required
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato medium size
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp black salt/ rock salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Some sev for garnishing optional
- Boil the sweet corn kernels in a pressure cooker by adding salt and water for 2 whistles over medium flame. Let the pressure release on its own.
- Strain water and transfer the cooked corns into a large bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Corn chaat is ready to serve. Serve at once.