A few days ago I had to make a recipe with vermicelli. And I wanted something different. Then suddenly this idea came to my mind and the result was just amazing.
To make this tomato garlic
This tomato garlic vermicelli is a wholesome meal in itself. Serve this as a breakfast or pack in kids lunchbox and everyone will love this.
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Tomato Garlic Sevai | Tomato Garlic Vermicelli Recipe
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 cup whole wheat vermicelli
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other
- 1 tsp oregano
- 5 tomatoes, medium size
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herb
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp water
For making the tomato puree
- Heat sufficient water in a pan by adding tomatoes and the water to boil until you see some cracks over the tomatoes.
- Pour off the water and cover them again with cold water. Peel off the skin and blend until smooth.
For preparing vermicelli
- Skip this step if you are using the roasted vermicelli. Heat a tsp oil in a pan. Add vermicelli. Saute continuously over a low flame until the vermicelli turns golden.
- Once done transfer to a plate or bowl to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Heat sufficient water in a pan by adding salt. Once water starts to boil, add roasted vermicelli. The water has to be slightly salty.
- Let it cook until vermicelli is done. Make sure the vermicelli should not be overcooked.
- Drain the vermicelli and set aside.
For making Garlic Tomato Vermicelli
- Heat oil in a pan. Add oregano and chopped garlic saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion. Saute until onion slightly changes its color.
- Once done add tomato puree followed by salt, sugar, red chilli powder and black pepper powder. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook until tomatoes leave oil.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water and stir well.
- Add the vermicelli. Carefully stir to mix and let it cook for a minute.
- Finally, add red chilli flakes and Italian mixed herb and mix well.
- Tomato garlic sevai is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Few similar recipes from fellow bloggers