Layered fruit and nut raita | Fruit and nut raita is a delectable combination of mixed dry fruits, nuts, some fresh fruits, and thick curd. A simple and healthy recipe can be made within minutes. Perfect to be enjoyed as a side dish with biryani and pulao. It can also be a great option whenever you have a craving for some guilt-free dessert or snack.
This layered fruit and nut raita is a beautiful blend of flavors and taste. The aroma from the crushed dry mint leaves and freshly roasted cumin powder, the crunch from the nuts, sweetness from honey with a kick of heat from red chili powder make this raita a perfect treat for the tastebuds. Adjust the salt, sweetness, and heat as per requirement.
The best part is it not only looks appealing to eyes but also tastes delicious and nutritious.
This lip-smacking fruit and nut raita can also be served at parties, and family functions.
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Layered Fruit and Nut Raita | Fruit and Nut Raita
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 240 ML )
- 400 g fresh curd
- 2 tablespoon honey
- For Spices
- ½ teaspoon dry crushed mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- For Fruits
- 1 apple chopped medium size
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- For Dry Fruits and Nuts
- 20 raisins
- 4-5 dates
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- 6-7 walnuts
- 6-7 almonds
- Preparation for raita
- Put the curd in a strainer and leave it for 15 minutes. Once the water separates from the curd, transfer the thick curd to a mixing bowl.
- Add honey to the curd and beat well.
- Chop all the dates and nuts and set aside except those for garnishing.
- For assembling
- In a glass serving bowl put a layer of fruits followed by a layer of dry fruits with nuts and a layer of thick beaten curd.
- Sprinkle some black salt followed by roasted cumin powder, red chili powder and crushed dry mint leaves.
- Again add another layer of fruits followed by a layer of dry fruits and nuts.
- Add a layer of beaten curd topped with some pomegranate seeds, raisins, and whole nuts.
- Finally sprinkle some black salt followed by roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and crushed dry mint leaves.
- Serve chilled or as it is.