Paneer potato balls: A quick and delicious appetizer, made with paneer (cottage cheese) and potato. It also makes a perfect tea time snack or starter for any party. These balls are crisp outside and soft inside with the right balance of flavors and addictive. Once you try one, you won't stop eating.
To make this paneer potato balls, all you need is some paneer and boiled potato. The rest of the ingredients are easily available in any kitchen pantry. Along with cornflour, I have used some rice flour to this for the extra crunch. Adjust the spices as per your tastebuds. If making these for kids you can skip green chili.
Serve these paneer potato balls with a hot cup of tea or with some green chutney and tomato ketchup. Either way, it will win everyone's heart.
A few more fried snacks, you can check
Paneer Potato Balls | How to make Paneer Potato Balls
- 100 grams crumbled paneer
- 1 boiled potato
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoon corn flour or more
- oil for deep frying
- Mash the potato well in a bowl.
- To the mashed potato add crumbled paneer, lime juice, ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chili, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, kasuri methi, corn flour, rice flour and salt. Mix well with your hand and set aside.
- Spread few drops of oil on your palms and make small size round balls.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan. Once oil turns hot enough keep the flame over medium and carefully add the balls one by one. Fry them until all sides turn golden.
- Remove them from oil and transfer to a kitchen towel or an oil absorbent paper.
- Paneer potato balls are ready to serve. Serve hot.