This mango milkshake recipe with mango pulp is thick, creamy, delicious & can be whipped up in no time.
Mango shake is an ideal Indian drink for summer. A quick & easy beverage to make at home.
Mango, the king of fruits is native to India and is the most widely consumed fruit in the world. Mangoes are juicy, fragrant, loaded with many health benefits. Also, these are low in calories, high in fiber, and are a great source of vitamin A and C.
Mango is known to produce heat. So whenever I bring mangoes, I always wash and soak them in water for at least an hour or two, then refrigerate. The water treatment believes to reduce the heat.
How to pick the right mangoes
Mango comes in more than a thousand varieties and each variety has a distinct flavor and taste. Hence choosing the right mango is important for any recipe. Always pick ripe, sweet, and less fibrous quality mangoes. Ripe mangoes have a strong, sweet, aroma around the stem area. Avoid the fibrous and sour varieties. Here are a few sweet Indian mangoes that are considered to be the best for any recipe. Such as:
What's in this Mango Milkshake?
Here is what you will need to make this mango shake recipe with substitutions:
- Mango: I have used fresh mangoes. (or you could use frozen instead)
- Milk: dairy milk (almond, cashew, or coconut milk also goes well)
- Sugar: granulated white sugar (honey or jaggery)
- Fresh cream: I love cream in this. (or vanilla ice cream could be used instead)
- Mango chunks: for garnishing (or you could use chopped nuts)
How to Make Mango Shake
To make a mango shake, simply add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more mango to get a thicker consistency and for a thinner shake, add more milk.
One more thing I would like to mention that I don't use any ice cubes in this. Somehow I feel adding ice cubes make the drink a little thinner. Rather I use chilled mango and chilled milk. So I say do whatever suits you.
More Mango Recipes to make
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Mango Milkshake Recipe with Mango Pulp
- 1 cup mango pulp or cubes fresh or frozen
- 1 cup milk chilled
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Few mango chunks for garnishing
- If using fresh mangoes, cut the mangoes and scoop out all the pulps directly in a blending jar.
- Add sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add milk and fresh cream. Blend once again for a few seconds.
- Pour mango milkshake into serving glasses and enjoy!