Mango milkshake recipe with mango pulp is a delicious beverage prepared by blending ripe sweet mango pulp, sugar and milk together. The most popular summer drink relished by both kids and adults alike. It is a very quick recipe and can be prepared within 10 minutes.
Mango, the king of fruits is native to India and is the most widely consumed fruit in the world. Mangoes are juicy, fragrant, and are loaded with many health benefits. These are low in calories, high in fiber, and are a great source of vitamin A and C.
How to pick the right mangoes
Mango comes in more than a thousand varieties and each variety has a distinct flavor and taste. Hence choosing the right mango is important for any recipe. Always pick ripe, sweet, and less fibrous quality mangoes. Ripe mangoes have a strong, sweet, aroma around the stem area. Avoid the fibrous and sour varieties. Here are a few sweet Indian mangoes that are considered to be the best for any recipe. Such as:
Making mango milkshakes at home is very easy. You will need mango pulp, milk, and sugar. In addition, I have used some fresh cream. Which is completely optional. Adjust the sugar quantity as per your preference.
One more thing I like to mention that I have not used any ice cubes here. Somehow I feel adding ice cubes make the drink a little thinner. Rather I have used chilled mango and chilled milk in this. But you can use ice cubes if you like. Whenever I bring any mangoes I just wash and submerge them in water for an hour or two. Then refrigerate. The water treatment helps bring out their heat.
To enhance the flavor and taste, certain variations can also be made.
- Cardamom powder and saffron can be used.
- Fresh cream can also be used.
- A scoop of vanilla or mango ice cream can be added while serving.
- For a healthy option, sugar can be replaced with jaggery.
- For a vegan version just replace milk with coconut milk.
Few more mango recipes
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Mango Milkshake Recipe with Mango Pulp | Mango Milkshake
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup chilled milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- sugar as required
- Few chopped mango cubes, for garnishing
- Wash the mangoes well in running water. Then submerge them in water for 1-2 hours. It helps to bring out their heat. Then refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut the mangoes and scoop out all the pulps directly in a blending jar.
- Add sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add milk and fresh cream. Blend once again for a few seconds.
- Mango milkshake recipe with mango pulp is ready to serve. Serve in the serving glasses by garnishing with mango cubes.