Orange tea recipe: A lovely concoction of brewed tea, fresh orange juice, and spices. It is refreshing and delicious. It’s perfect to warm you up in the cold days and is sure to be an impressive hot beverage for holidays and festivity.
Making tea is one of the easiest recipes to do in the kitchen. But to make it perfect depends on the right proportion of ingredients and brewing time.
Sipping a hot cup of tea on a chilled day is one of the simplest pleasures someone can have. This orange spiced tea is one of my favorite teas. It’s my own twist to the regular black tea.
It can be made in advance and you just need to heat it before serving. Hope you will love this tea as much as I do. 🙂
Another tea recipe you may like to check
How to make Orange Tea
To make this orange spice black tea all you need is some tea leaves, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, and star anise. The cooking process starts with making the orange syrup followed by brewing the spiced black tea. The straining, combining the two and serve hot.
Variations: I use loose tea leaves to make this. You can swap it with tea bags or ground tea. You can even replace sugar with honey or any sugar substitute. For spices, I have used cinnamon and star anise. Spices like clove, green cardamom, nutmeg, and black peppercorn also go well with this.
It can be made in advance and you just need to heat it before serving. You can also use this to make orange iced tea. Just chill it, then serve by adding ice cubes and orange slices. Hope you will love this tea as much as I do. 🙂
Few recipes from this blog I love to pair this with.
- Steamed Caramel Custard Pudding Recipe
- Gobi Pakora
- Stir Fry Kala Chana
- Banana Fritters | Banana Gulgula
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Orange Tea Recipe
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick 3-4 inch
- 1 star anise
- 2 tsp tea leaves
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- Sugar as required
- 2 orange slices for garnishing
Making the Orange Syrup
- Heat the orange juice with the required amount of sugar in a pan. Stir it continuously until it comes to boil and the sugar melts completely. Once done remove from flame and set aside.
Making the Orange Spice Tea
- In a saucepan, heat water over a high flame by adding cinnamon and star anise. Cover and bring it to boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the tea leaves and allow it to cook for 2 minutes over medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and turn off the flame. Allow them to steep for 2 minutes more. If using tea bags add them after switching off the heat.
- Strain the tea, pour into teacups.
- Pour the orange syrup into the spiced tea. Combine and serve hot by garnishing with orange slices.