Easy oats banana smoothie: It's thick, creamy, and absolutely irresistible! Made with real fresh ingredients this breakfast smoothie is packed with lots of fiber, plant-based protein, and healthy fats that will keep you full and energized for longer. Even kids will love this. The recipe is vegan and artificial sugar-free.
Smoothies are a wonderful way to start the day and this smoothie will keep someone full for long.
For maximum benefits, it is always good to consume smoothie as a meal replacer, not with any meal.
I love to make smoothies for breakfast. They are easy, quick, delicious, and filling. I am SO excited to share this smoothie recipe because it includes all of my favorite ingredients.
To make this oats banana smoothie you'll need:
- Oats: I have used rolled oats. You could use instant or quick oats as well. I prefer to use dry-roasted oats in my smoothies. It adds better digestion and also lends a beautiful taste to the oats. I just dry roast the oats until lightly roasted. Then once cooled down, store in an airtight jar and use as needed. However, raw oats could be used as well.
- Banana: Use fresh or frozen. Use frozen bananas for a frostier smoothie. You can chop the banana and freeze them in a ziplock before going to bed. Then use as needed.
- Almonds: I love to include almonds in my regular diet. Especially soaked and skinned almonds. Soaked and peeled almonds have a cooling property. Hence they are easy to digest. Almonds can be replaced with almond powder or almond butter. If you don't like almonds, you can omit them. Don't worry the smoothie will still taste amazing.
- Cinnamon: It adds a hint of sweetness and delicious flavor to the smoothie.
- Water: You can replace water with any plant-based milk or dairy milk.
You may also like to check these
Making this oats smoothie recipe is very easy. Just throw all ingredients into a blending jar. Blend it up and enjoy.
If you try this recipe, please leave a feedback and rating. You can also tag me @spoonofflavor on Instagram.
Easy Oats Banana Smoothie
- 4 tablespoon rolled oats dry roasted
- 1 ripe banana
- 6-7 almonds soaked and peeled
- 3 inches cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup filtered water chilled
- basil seeds, crushed almond, & oats for toppings optional
- Dry roast the oats in a pan for 1-2 minutes and once cooled down transfer to a blending jar along with banana, almonds, cinnamon, and water. Blend until creamy and smooth. If the smoothie is a little thick for you add a little more water and blend again.
- Pour into the serving glass and serve immediately. Enjoy plain or garnish as you desired.
- Oats: I prefer to use dry roasted oats in my smoothies. I used to dry roast the oats until lightly roasted. Then once cooled down transfer to an airtight jar and use as needed. However, it could be replaced with raw oats as well.
- Banana: For extra creaminess, use frozen bananas. Chop the banana and freeze them in a Ziploc. Use as needed.
- Sweetener: If the smoothie isn’t sweet enough for you, you can add in 1-2 pitted dates or a splash of honey.
- Water: Water can be replaced with any plant-based or dairy milk.
- Almonds: Almonds can be replaced with almond powder or almond butter.
- Variations: For a variation, cocoa powder and peanut butter could be used.