Plain sweet lassi – A basic iconic lassi recipe. Which is light and ridiculously simple to make. Yogurt is the main ingredient of this drink. Nothing like a chilled glass of frothy sweet lassi to cool down a hot summer day.
What is lassi
Lassi is a cooling and refreshing yogurt-based age-old summer drink originated in the Punjab region of India. Traditionally lassi is made with fresh homemade curd and sugar by churning with a wooden hand blender or ‘Madani’. Then served in earthen pots or tall brassware glasses. Though there are many flavors and variations of lassi available. To enhance the flavor, additional flavors are also added like cardamom powder, saffron, and rose syrup. But this classic one has its own charm.
Health Benefits of Lassi
Few amazing health benefits of drinking lassi. Such as:
- Lassi aids digestion.
- Prevents stomach problems like bloating.
- It is a good source of probiotics.
- Improves Bone Health
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in weight loss
- Maintain youthful skin
To make this classic Indian lassi recipe I have used yogurt, milk, sugar and ice cubes. You can also use water instead of milk. If you want a thin lassi just add more milk or water. I want to make it light. Hence I have not added malai here. But the using of malai really makes the drink more drool-worthy.
Some similar recipes you may also like
Plain Sweet Lassi | Sweet Lassi | Indian Lassi Recipe
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 cup chilled yogurt
- 1/2 cup chilled milk or water
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 4 tbsp sugar
- malai as required optional
- Beat the yogurt in a bowl until smooth.
- Crush the ice cubes in a blender.
- In the same blending jar combine yogurt, milk, and sugar together. Then blend for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes frothy.
- If you are using the wooden homemade blender, churn all the ingredients together except malai until you see a frothy layer on top.
- Plain sweet lassi is ready to serve. Pour lassi into the serving glass from a height to create foams.
- Then add a dollop of malai on top and serve.
- Bael Lassi by Sasmita
- Pineapple Mint Lassi by Swati
- Strawberry Rose Lassi by Poonam
- Two Flavors Lassi- Mango and Rose by Ruchi
- Java Plum Salt Lassi by Veena
- Saffron Dry Frits Lassi by Shalu
- by Jayashree