Plain sweet lassi - A 4-ingredient basic iconic lassi recipe. Which is light, delicious, and ridiculously simple-to-make. Nothing like a chilled glass of frothy sweet lassi to cool down a hot summer day.
What is lassi
Lassi is a cooling and refreshing yogurt-based age-old summer drink originated in the Punjab region of India.
Traditionally lassi is made with fresh homemade curd and sugar by churning with a wooden hand blender or 'Madani'. Then served in earthen pots or tall brassware glasses.
There are many flavors and variations of lassi available. To enhance the flavor, additional flavors like cardamom powder, saffron, and rose syrup are also added. But this classic one has its own charm.
Health Benefits of Lassi
Few amazing health benefits of drinking lassi. Such as:
- Lassi aids digestion.
- Prevents stomach problems like bloating.
- It is a good source of probiotics.
- Improves Bone Health
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in weight loss
- Maintain youthful skin
To make this classic Indian lassi recipe you need only 4 ingredients, yogurt, milk, sugar, and ice cubes. You can also use chilled water instead of milk. If you want a thin lassi just add more milk or water. The addition of malai is optional but it makes the drink even more drool-worthy. I love to keep it light. Hence I have not used malai.
Some similar recipes you may also like
If you try this sweet lassi recipe, please leave a feedback and rating.
Plain Sweet Lassi | Sweet Lassi | Indian Lassi Recipe
- 1 cup chilled yogurt
- ½ cup chilled milk or water
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- malai as required optional
- Beat the yogurt in a bowl until smooth.
- Crush the ice cubes in a blender.
- In the same blending jar, add yogurt, milk, and sugar together. Then blend for 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- If you are using the wooden homemade blender, churn all the ingredients together except malai until you see a frothy layer on top.
- Plain sweet lassi is ready to serve. Pour lassi into the serving glass from a height to create foams.
- Then add a dollop of malai on top and serve.
Like this? Do share on Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest. Tag @spoonofflavor on Instagram or hashtag #spoonofflavor. Cheers!
Few more lassi recipes by some fellow food bloggers.
- Pineapple Mint Lassi by Swati
- Strawberry Rose Lassi by Poonam
- Saffron Dry Frits Lassi by Shalu
- Cucumber Lassi by Jayashree
The Lassi and the presentation, everything is bang on.
Such a lovely cooling share dear❤️❤️
You are absolutely right Geetanjali , nothing can beat the charm of classic lassi! Easy to make and perfect summer coolant!
Classic Lassi is the best and ultimate.. Nothing can beat it .. Super easy to make and extremely satisfying.. Awesome share
yes, I know no-one will deny to have this simple one during these scorching heat. love the snap Geeta
In the scorching heat, this is the ultimate one that we need. Refreshing indeed Geetanjali.
What can be better than a chilled glass of desi lassi in original form!! So perfect and fuss free to make for the hot and humid summers
This is what we need for summer. Looks so inviting. Chilled plain lassi is best
Oh my, I love lassi's but I am now vegan. I was wondering how the recipe would be using nut milk, like cashew milk or almond milk. I also wonder, to make it a mango lassi, how would I insert the mango? Does it need to be blended first?